Becoming a New SSEL Experimenter
In order to recruit subjects using the SSEL subject pool and to run experiments in the lab, we require experimenters to fulfill several initial requirements:
- Anyone involved in the design, setup, conduct, or supervision of experiments at SSEL must be registered with the Caltech IRB on an approved protocol before applying for registration as an SSEL experimenter
- Non-Caltech Investigators must identify a Caltech Faculty sponsor. Postdocs, Visitors, Grad RAs, and Undergrad RAs may only be registered as an SSEL experimenter under a faculty sponsored protocol.
- SSEL experimenters must provide a certificate for the completion of required Human Subjects training course as described here. Non-Caltech Investigators are required to provide evidence of human subjects training and IRB approval from their home institution.
- New SSEL experimenters need to fill in the SSEL New Experimenter Form and await approval from the director
- Once approved, new experimenters should schedule an introductory tour of the lab and its systems with the technical manager of the lab