Becoming a New SSEL Experimenter
In order to recruit subjects using the SSEL subject pool and to run experiments in the lab, we require experimenters to fulfill several initial requirements:
- All SSEL experimenters must be affiliated with Caltech and have a Caltech ID card
- Anyone involved in the design, setup, conduct, or supervision of experiments at SSEL must be mentioned by name on a protocol approved bythe Caltech IRB before applying for registration as an SSEL experimenter
- SSEL experimenters must provide a certificate for the completion of required Human Subjects training course as described here.
- New SSEL experimenters need to fill in the SSEL New Experimenter Form and await approval from the director
- Once approved, new experimenters should schedule an introductory tour of the lab and its systems with the technical manager of the lab